Friday, October 31, 2008

"Obama...you can keep your change...b/c I can't afford to give you all of mine!"

So, I am in Colorado...having the best time of my life!! Although, getting out the vote is NOT an easy task!! I am the biggest politically active person you will find, and I cannot fathom why in the world people would not vote!! People...it is not your right to vote...it is you civic OBLIGATION!! This country was founded on people who gave their lives for our right that we now take for granted!! And now, our country is in Limbo, awaiting the outcome and the direction our new commander and chief will lead us. So, with this said, I hope some of you out there are helping in the GOTV efforts. Anything can help, and to my fellow Republicans...the fight is NOT over, and we can still make a huge difference. It is my hope that voters will "smart'n up" when they walk into that polling place and remember, when it comes down to it, who has the experience and the RIGHT plan to get us out of this mess. Yeah, I agree that Obama'a nonsense speeches can be exciting, but where is more rhetoric going to lead us?? It will lead us into four more years of nothing getting done. We already have a liberal Congress that has dug this whole we now find ourselves in!! (and yes it is CONGRESS and not the PRESIDENT that decides most things) I just don't understand when people will realize this!! I can see where the simplicity of a message like "change" would sound encouraging and hopeful, but really? I think we are all intelligent enough to realize that our problems are NOWHERE near black and white. (no pun intended...or is it?) Sometimes I feel like so many people are making this about race, and that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!! I have been made to feel like I am a racist, because I don't support Obama...like really?? I am pretty sure that I was raised to not see color, and some of my dearest friends are of all nationalities. Also, I come from a interracial background. (grandfather went to Japan for WW2, and married my grandmother who is from Japan) However, it seems to be everywhere...and it really gets me. Like, I can't tell you how many people I have heard that are pretty much voting for Obama so they don't seem racist. Like, Americans owe it to him?! I am a firm believer in the theory that no one owes you anything, you work hard for what you have. I think this is something that has seemed to have gotten lost in translation with my generation. Now, let me be the first one to say that I love nothing more than laying around my house doing absolutely nothing!! (my friends/family can attest to this!!) However, I know when it is time to work, and I think people my age, and younger, just seem to want something for nothing. (which I have also learned there is no such thing...like the scientific theory that something cannot be created from nothing...it all comes from somewhere) Honestly, this is one of the scariest things I am worried about...the fact I am working hard to secure my future, and it might be all taken away in taxes!! So, OBAMA...you can shove it b/c the change you want is going to be coming from hard working Americans pockets!! (and that is not change I am willing to give up!) I think Reagan said it best..."Republican act like everyday is the Fourth of July, and Democrats like it's April 15!" Also, this "spreading the wealth thing," uh yeah right...in the words of a wise man, "in my neighborhood that is considered stealing!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: